We will be holding a two person biathlon relay on Sunday March 23, 2014. The format of the race is as follows:
- Each team will complete six laps of the course (3 by each skier).
- The teammates will alternate laps.
- There will be five shooting stops, the first skier will shoot three times
(prone, prone, standing), and the second skier will shoot twice (prone,
- On the second skiers third loop, they will ski to the finish line.
- Each team will be assigned a target for the race. All shooting (including
zero) should be done at this point.
- Relay rounds will not be used in this race (in other words, you only have
five bullets for each shooting stage).
- A penalty loop must be skied for every miss.
- The tag zone will be located immediately after the exit of the penalty
- The race will begin as a mass start, the first team across the finish line
after six laps is the winner.
After the relay races we will hold a short mass start race (or races depending on how many people want to do it),.
- 8:00 AM Registration Opens
- 9:00 AM Zero Opens
- 10:00 AM Men’s Race Start
- 11:00 AM Mixed Race Start
- 12:00 PM Mass Start Race (short, maybe 5 km total)
Entry Fee: $10 pre-registered; $15 day of race. Registration opens tomorrow.