As long as the trails remain in good condition, we will hold our annual Spring Biathlon Races.This is a fun event to close out the racing season. In the race two person teams will compete, by skiing alternating loops of 1.4 km. There will be two divisions, Men’s (two men on a team) and Mixed (at least one woman).
Individuals will be paired up the morning of the race, before zero.
All competitors must have completed a prior safety clinic.
Format of the Race:
- Each team will complete six laps of the course (3 by each skier).
- The teammates will alternate laps.
- There will be five shooting stops, the first skier will shoot three times (prone, prone, standing), and the second skier will shoot twice (prone, standing).
- On the second skiers third loop, they will ski to the finish line.
- Each team will be assigned a target for the race. All shooting (including zero) should be done at this point.
- Relay rounds will not be used in this race (in other words, you only have five bullets for each shooting stage).
- A penalty loop must be skied for every miss.
- The tag zone will be located immediately after the exit of the penalty loop.
- The race will begin as a mass start, the first team across the finish line after six laps is the winner.
After the relay races we will hold a short mass start biathlon race.
Schedule for Sunday:
- 8:00 AM Registration Opens
- 9:00 AM Zero Opens
- 10:00 AM Relay Race Start
- 11:00 AM Mass Start
Entry Fee: Free!
After this, make plans for our Cinco de Mayo Biathlon race (snow dependent)